Monday, May 16, 2011

Up n Running Again!

I started off this blog as a travelogue, wherein I would record my journeys and travels. I wanted to write a blog post for each city I visited, describing its people, its buildings and its sights and sounds in general. But as time wore on, the burden of graduate life began to get the better of me. Although that didn’t stop me from visiting places (and indeed I did visit four major cities since then – Chicago, New York, Seattle and Washington DC), my lethargy prevented me from recording those experiences in this travelogue. Rather, I chose the more populist approach – putting photos on facebook and let the captions do the talking. However, the populist approach is far from the creative approach (at least in this case). And as my second semester gets over, I face the prospect of having absolutely nothing on my mind. Yes, absolutely nothing. No deadlines, no assignments, no projects! Phew! And I’ve come to realize that only when the mind is clear of all worries of pending ‘work’, do you actually begin pursuing your real interests. And thus, after a brief period of breakup, I restart my relationship with my true love – writing.

So much has elapsed over the past 8 months that it would be nearly impossible for me to jot down all my travel experiences. Rather, I have decided to restrict my long and winding ramblings to things that are shorter, crisper and more cohesive (yet again inspired from my favorite author, Michael Crichton *). I hope the readers enjoy this new format and I hope that I persevere and continue writing about my experiences.

*Suggested Reading : ‘Travels’ by Michael Crichton

No comments:

Post a Comment